Rosemary & Garlic Salt Baked Lamb Shank
1. lend the Rosemary and Droitwich Salt together in a food processor until mixed.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, mix together the flour and Droitwich Salt, then add the egg whites. Slowly add up to 300ml/10½oz water, but you may not need it all.
3. Once it comes together in a dough, knead it using the machine for about five minutes.
4. Remove the dough from the mixer, wrap in cling film and allow to rest for two hours.
5. Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2.
6. Roll out the Droitwich Salt dough into a rectangle about 1cm/½in thick. Cut into four equal rectangles.
7. In a food processor, blend the garlic cloves to a paste with around 50ml/2fl oz water.
8.Brush the garlic purée all over the lamb shanks.
9.Wrap each lamb shank in a piece of dough with the bone sticking out of the top.
10. Place in a roasting tray and bake in an oven for 4½ hours. Remove the shanks from the oven and set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
11. To serve break open the crust around the lamb and serve each lamb shank with pickled cabbage salad and mustard mayonnaise.